Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Syncopation Nation Playlist August 31, 2011

Well my friends, today was a good day. The rain notwithstanding, I was privileged to fill in for my pal and comrade in arms Liz Durden, and her fine show Syncopation Nation. Getting up early is no problem when I can serve up some tasty beats well before breakfast!

Here's the playlist I put together for the show. Being the good egg she is, Liz will be returning the favour and pinch hitting for my this Friday on Over Easy. As we say in the radio game, it's all good...


Artist
Song
Album
Ikebe Shakedown
"No Name Bar"
Ikebe Shakedown
Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet*
"Summer Wind"
Savvy Show Stoppers
Woody Witt
"Slink"
Pots And Pans
Andy Summers
"Goodbye Pork Pie Hat"
The Last Dance Of Mr. X
Alaniaris*
"East Of Baghdad"
Live At Somewhere There
Bill Evans Trio
"Autumn Leaves (Take 2)"
Portrait In Jazz
Ken Aldcroft*
"Laces"
Home
Lorna MacLachlan**
"Strange Sun"
Time 4 Change
CaneFire*
"Little Bell"
Pandemonium
Search Engine*
"Stella By Starlight"
I'm Feeling Lucky
Llorca
"Lights Behind Windows"
New Comer
Aimée Allen
"I'll Get Along"
Winters & Mays
Chick Corea & Gary Burton
"Armando's Rhumba"
Native Sense: The New Duets
Kirk MacDonald Jazz Orchestra*
"Greenwich Time"
Deep Shadows
Stevie Wonder
"Contusion"
Songs In The Key Of Life



* Canadian artist


** Calgary artist


No comments:

Post a Comment